Friday, December 02, 2005

Pulp Fiction

*** SPOILER WARNING ***

PulP Fiction - Quentin Tarantino

Two people in love , talkin to each other over coffee about a robbery pull ou their guns and rob the coffee shop .
That's how this classic QUENTIN TARANTINO movie starts off . Its got a typical 'tarantinoish' soundtrack and for Tarantino fans such as myself this movie is as great as all his others . A propah gangsta movie with propah fundaes .
There are these beautiful touches of style and pizzazz , this cool guy , this sexy babe( UmaThurman - My all time favourite after Meg Ryan ) all fit into this classic masterpiece . Then comes John Travolta oozing charm and confidence but the best performance by far was by Samuel Jackson . While watching the movie i was like kinda wondering , whats he going to say in the end ? Well my question was answered and answered with such elan and sophistication that i was in a WoW !! state for a long time after .

Some parts of the movie i loved :


MIA : Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit
in order to be comfortable?

VINCENT : I don't know.
MIA : That's when you know you found somebody special.
When you can just shut
the f*** up for a minute,
and comfortably share silence.


// Makes sense ... Wonder why people dont value silence anymore.



VINCENT : If you'll excuse me, I gotta go home and have a
heart attack.


// One of the best delivered statements of the movie ..
home cooked and delivered John Travolta style .



ESMARELDA : What does it feel like? Killing a man.
Beating another man to death

with your bare hands.
// Wonder what it would feel like



JULES( Samuel L Jackson ) :

"The path of the righteous man is beset on
all sides by the inequities of the
selfish and the tyranny of evil
men. Blessed is he who, in the
name of charity and good will,
shepherds the weak through the
valley of darkness, for he is truly
his brother's keeper and the finder
of lost children. And I will
strike down upon thee with great
vengeance and furious anger those
who attempt to poison and destroy
my brothers. And you will know my
name is the Lord when I lay my
vengeance upon you."

// Open to interpretation . High point of the movie.
I am going to remember this .




6 comments:

Camphor said...

I've been told it rocks.

If this is the movie that Bruce Willis shoots someone coming out of the bathroom, then yes, it rocks.

And that conversation alone (Mia & Vicent) is worth worshipping. One migth say - Godlike.

Harish Suryanarayana said...

@ Camphor : How does Quentin manage to get such a stud star cast .. and what beautiful performances ... ? Yes the conv was as you put it , GODLIKE

Deeps said...

Spoiler ahead!!

Hmm so you are a fan too :). Nice. I really loved Travolta in the movie, as well as Samuel Jackson. I actually thought it should have been Bruce willis who dies rather than Travolta :(. But honestly, I don't know why Uma Thurman got an oscar nomination, she wasn't even there for half the movie!! Travolta and Samuel Jackson definitely deserved the nomination, but sadly, neither of them got the oscar..

Harish Suryanarayana said...

@deeps -> Thats the beauty of tarantino . Thats why Travolta had to die .. but still ,he figures in the last shot of the movie .. Thats classic ... Thatz Tarantino

Sid said...

Okay this is gonna be kinda ironical. I am not a Quentin Tarantino fan though I did like Kill Bill. Again primarily for Uma Thurman.
I managed to last just a half hour or so into Pulp and couldnt understand a wee bit of what was happening.
I was like "WTF" and quit. Maybe I dont have what it takes to understand Tarantino or maybe I am just didnt have the patience. But whatever said and done. No more Quentin for me.

LovingAndLosing said...

Nothing can be said about this movie to do it enough justice. Just watch and be glad that you share the same planet with the guy who directed this genius of a movie.

Big 's' - I recommend you try to watch it again. It's a masterpiece, to say the least!