Sunday, April 16, 2006

We

Yes I am a man
Yes I am one
By the time you are ready ,
I'd be done


I work real hard
At my own rate
To bring happiness
To my mate


The look on her face
When she does see
How hard I work
To make her happy


She cooks my meal
Which I greatly relish
She has made me my
Most favourite dish


We understand each other
We know we care
I love her more
Than i can dare


In my power what I can
I will do
To be with her
I know she will too


She is my own
Protect her I will
Till my very last breath
Makes me lay still.


PS : This is inspired by
  • Amritha's poem.
  • Though I started off with a different goal in mind , it generally veered , as usual ,to my blumbering , blubbering romantic inclinations .Time spent : 10 minutes . I wonder if I am in love or something these days. I dont even know what that is ... Scary !

    15 comments:

    Ms. V said...

    Haha. You're adorable. So is the poem!
    You might want to do a heart-beat/pulse-rate count to see if its faster than normal!

    The Solitary Reaper said...

    connects... you still haven't told me the reason to your entry into juke box..Am i allowed to make assumptions on the basis of this post..who is it??

    Harish Suryanarayana said...

    @Ms V : Thank you , Thank you :) .

    @Swap : Ai ga ! Not even remotely related ...

    Amritha R said...

    Am I really right in thinking that this poem is inspired by mine?? Well if it is I am mightily taken aback.

    Harish Suryanarayana said...

    @Amritha : My poem has indeed no connection as far as content goes to yours. It is just the rhyming scheme that is somewhat similar . It was inspired by yours in the sense that I wanted to write something related to what you wrote, but digressed . But it started off because of your poem :8 . No need to be so 'mightily taken aback' . :)

    Amritha R said...

    Yes Harish all that I understand. I am just taken aback that something I wrote can start something. Not to take away the credit from your poem. Very nice I should say :)

    Harish Suryanarayana said...

    Oh! I thought you were wondering about the content , which has quite no relation whatsoever...Slight misunderstanding ... Sure , you write extremely well and it appealed to me , poetry can do a lot to a person .. I neednt be telling you that of course :) :) ..

    Sri said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Freespirit said...

    Some girl's gonna be mighty lucky o brave strong man!!

    Freespirit said...

    You removed the next post before I could comment. Bah..don't bother yourself about something so trivial..easier said than done..I know but there are many 'external' factors as you put it.

    Harish Suryanarayana said...

    @hedonia -> Thought I was behaving like a child .. should be mature enough to take rejection at this age .... But it still affects me and I have no control over it .

    Freespirit said...

    Well..everyone's got every right to be affected by it..irrespective of age just don't be too beat up about it..you know your worth.

    vibha said...

    romantic....no more words.

    The Solitary Reaper said...

    what did u remove? never even saw the light of it..

    Leela said...

    It's that scary? I want my mommy! :P