Friday, March 20, 2009

Notes to self

Life is too beautiful and wondrous to be wasted on petty quarrels and squabbles. So much to learn and so much to discover ! The only major constraint and motivator is Time. Music is salvation. In losing oneself in the infinite abyss of one's own mind lies the solution. Beauty, perfection, love. I keep getting back to these concepts I cannot yet comprehend. They are inter-related and life's purpose is finding meaning. Simplicity, purity, clarity. I love the fact that I am single. I love it that I have control over atleast a major portion of my free time. I love the fact that I can think and act and behave independently. I love my courses. I am blessed that I can think and do not have to constantly worry about surviving. I am grateful. I am grateful that I have the choice to lead a simple uncomplicated life. A life of math and electromagnetic fields, music and writing and thinking. Simple. Clear. I am grateful with all my heart. 

7 comments:

Red said...

Harish: I'm glad you like your freedom and independance, but I don't think being in a committed relationship is stifling nor does it curtail ones freedom. Its just our take on it and how we percieve things. I am happy that I'm not single and have someone to share my life with.

:)

Harish Suryanarayana said...

I am thrilled that you have found someone who could complement you and give you that happiness. A majority of the couples I see around me are rather unhappy. This was a reflection on that mood.

Ramya said...

Lots of updates I see. Simple, uncomplicated life - totally agree that's gotta be single life :) . I wonder why it's so hard to be content with that though

Harish Suryanarayana said...

Its hard. I think the loneliness sometimes gets to you. Perhaps its better to have those complications than face loneliness .. anyway .. I dont know.

sangeetha said...

Boy.. am i envious... being unengaged doesnt make you master of your time.. you have other obligations.. lucky you that u have a free mind.. and you own your time...

Red said...

Have you ever thought that our mind sees what it wants to. I dont say that there arent any unhappy couples but I dont see very many happy singles either. I see a lotta young men and women who want to be in a committed rel.

Hmm hope you do get to see the other side of life too..

Harish Suryanarayana said...

@Sruthi - Just a state of mind

@chick - I am one of those many young men too. Just a state of mind I was in and well, there are times when you wonder .. don't you ?